Various states around the country require title professionals to carry bonds to be licensed as a professional in the state. If needed, a state or other obligee can make a claim under these bonds to protect its citizens or clients.
Surety Bonds - A surety bond is not an insurance product. It is an extension of credit based on the assumption that a title professional will handle their business as required by the state and, due to that, no claim/loss will occur.
Notary Bond & Supplies - A notary bond is a specific surety bond that ensures a notary fulfills all obligations to protect the public from financial harm resulting from wrongdoing on your part when performing notarial duties. Many states require notaries to obtain this bond before working. Notary stamps & other supplies are also offered.
Fidelity Bonds - A fidelity bond is a lower-limit employee dishonesty coverage. The payment of a loss may hinge on conviction of a crime.
The Bond Application Process
Title Agent Bonds (Surety / Fidelity):
- Complete the online application
- Each owner will receive an email from Adobe Sign for electronic signature
- Once all signatures are received, the application is sent to Title Pac
- Bond quotes will be processed and emailed by Title Pac
Notary Bonds and Supplies:
- Complete the online application and select your notary package
- Submit your payment
- Receive your bond documents by email within minutes
Bonds are offered through RLI Surety, Title Pac’s bond partner.